Elevenses is a series of posts around the subject of computer programming and building websites, not football. Sorry. Just so you know.
I’ve been an avid follower of Chris Alcock’s excellent The Morning Brew for many years. But I don’t just follow Chris’ RSS feed, but many others too.
A while ago I started e-mailing around links to work colleagues from the sources I’d picked up. So as an experiment I’m starting a similar Morning Brew collection of links called elevenses.
This is issue one, but I’ve gone back to old e-mails too, starting with -1 #seewhatIdidthere .
So without ado being furthered, here we go!
So first off, thanks to all those for sharing great content.
- Simple State Machine
- Ionic build improvements
- Ionic RC #2 is out!
- Ionic RC #3 is out!
- Nice workaround for Angular 2 external configuration
- ASP.NET Core RESTful Web API versioning - made easy
- Push notifications for the web
- Visual Studio 2017 goes RC (didn’t even know there was a 2017!)
- Angular CLI URL proxy setup
- Canceling Observables (article is ag2 beta, but still valuable practice)
- Dockerizing NerdDinner
- Turbo - offload complex work to the GPU (web and mobile web)
- Lessons learn from running Docker in production
- Open Source node push server - akin to signal-r
- FuseJS - fuzzy search matcher (not played with)
- Brief lessons on handling huge traffic spikes #azure)
Design / Front end
- UX - Spinner Vs Progress bars
- Icons using pure CSS
- SVG: Understanding the viewBox
- An iPhone … in CSS … just CSS
Social / Fun
- How fast is your typing speed? (Yours truly? 58wpm)
- Draw a picture, can Google’s AI guess it?
- Google Earth in Virtual Reality
- An actual universal remote control?
- Christmas list for the Nerds and Nerdettes
Posted in : elevenses